Applications are accepted based on interest in volunteerism, enthusiasm for the
subject, experience in natural resource conservation and availability.
- Review included program description and program policy.
- Complete an application and submit with tuition deposit ($150) and criminal background check processing fee ($25). Payable by one check to PA Master Naturalist for a total of $175.
- At minimum, provide the names of two references that are non-relatives.
- If selected in the first round, complete an interview with a PA Master Naturalist representative.
- Successfully pass a criminal history background check
- Read, agree to, and sign a “Standards of Behavior” Form
- Submit a check for the tuition balance ($150) to PA Master Naturalist after notification of acceptance into the program. Tuition is due 30 days in advance of the start of training.
If an individual successfully meets all other selection requirements, however the criminal history background check has not been received, they may be accepted on a probationary status. Upon receipt of the official report, the probationary status will be reviewed with a final acceptance/non-acceptance decision made at that time.
Tuition: $300.00 (this is for a full year of program engagement and services) plus $25 for a background check.
Information: Ellyn Nolt, (717) 368-4899, firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit application materials to: PA Master Naturalist Administrative Office, 197 Montour Rd, Elysburg, PA 17824.