What is learned?
- All aspects of the role of Pennsylvania Master Naturalist, the mission and objectives of the program, and the guidelines for participation.
- What a naturalist is and does and the significance of naturalists and natural history.
- The biogeography of PA, including the physiographic regions and the geological and ecological aspects that make them distinct.
- Basic concepts of ecology.
- Basic concepts of geology.
- Basic resource management principles.
- Some native flora and fauna in the region.
- The general process of science.
- The art of nature interpretation.
- The roles of Pennsylvania state agencies in the management and conservation of natural resources.
- Other topics as related to the local needs of the region